The Weekly Blitz is brought to you by our friends over at Shop Marketing Pros. If you want to take your shop to the next level, you need great marketing. Shop Marketing Pros does top-tier marketing for top-tier shops.
Click here to learn more about Top Tier Marketing by Shop Marketing Pros and schedule a demo:https://shopmarketingpros.com/chris/
Check out their podcast here: https://autorepairmarketing.captivate.fm/
If you would like to join their private facebook group go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/autorepairmarketingmastermind
In this episode of Auto Fix Auto Shop Coaching, Coach Chris Cotton discusses the potential signs of a recession and its impact on the auto repair industry. He highlights indicators such as rising unemployment rates, declining consumer spending, and stock market volatility. Cotton also discusses the mixed effects of a recession on the industry, including potential parts obsolescence and reduced cash flow. He advises listeners to prepare by diversifying services and increasing their online presence. The episode emphasizes the importance of preparedness and not panicking during economic downturns.
Recognizing the signs of a recession (00:01:06) The speaker discusses the topic of recognizing the signs of a recession and mentions a post in a shop owner group that sparked interest in the subject.
Rising unemployment rates (00:02:24) The speaker explains that rising unemployment rates can be a sign of financial trouble and shares their thoughts on the current unemployment situation.
Declining consumer spending (00:03:20) The speaker talks about how a dip in retail sales figures can indicate consumers tightening their belts and expresses concerns about maxed-out credit cards and defaults on payments.
The impact on the auto repair industry (00:09:40) Discussion on how recessions can have a mixed impact on the auto repair industry, with people potentially delaying buying new cars and needing to repair their existing vehicles.
Potential challenges during a recession (00:10:53) Exploration of potential challenges during a recession, such as parts obsolescence, reduced cash flow, and supply chain issues.
Actions to take to prepare for a recession (00:12:00) Advice on actions to take for auto repair businesses to prepare for a recession, including diversifying services, increasing online presence, stockpiling cash, improving efficiency, engaging with the community, and being adaptable and innovative.
- Recognizing the signs of a recession
- Indicators of a recession: rising unemployment rates, declining consumer spending, stock market volatility, flattening or inverted yield curve
- Impact of government policies, global events, and consumer sentiment on the economy
- Importance of staying informed and not panicking
- Need for preparedness and taking action before a potential downturn
- Impact of a recession on the auto repair industry
- Delayed car purchases leading to increased need for repairs
- Concerns about parts obsolescence and availability
- Effects of a recession on the auto repair industry: reduced cash flow, less disposable income, supply chain issues, potential affordability of skilled labor compromising quality of work
- Actions to prepare for a recession in the auto repair industry: diversifying services, increasing online presence
Connect with Chris:
#autofixautoshopcoaching #autofixbeautofixing #autoshopprofits #autoshopprofit #autoshopprofitsfirst #autoshopleadership #autoshopmanagement #autorepairshopcoaching #autorepairshopconsulting #autorepairshoptraining #autorepairshop #autorepair #serviceadvisor #serviceadvisorefficiency #autorepairshopmarketing #theweeklyblitz #autofix