Are You Coachable
AutoLeap Link: https://bit.ly/3n5qW2M
8 Point Check on Your Coachability . . Which of these are true and to what extent?
1. I usually allow my manager and others to complete their sentences before responding.
2. When I’m given feedback/ criticism, I usually think about it before responding, waiting
just a bit.
3. When I’m given feedback/ criticism, I rarely find myself defending a position or action immediately.
4. When I’m given feedback/ criticism, I ask questions about it in order to try to better
understand it. (A good sign.)
5. I feel my work’s purpose is to serve my external customers.
6. I feel my work’s purpose is to serve my internal customers (managers, colleagues, other
7. I’ve changed/ revised my position/ approach because of the advice of another individual.
8. My manager invests time in my professional development (If s/he doesn’t, it might be
because of a perception that you’re uncoachable).
Coach Chris Cotton
AutoFix-Auto Shop Coaching
Visit Auto Shop Coaching website HERE.
Email Chris: email@example.com